Re: Missing or errooneous pg_hba.conf file

From: Bill Chandler <billybobc1210(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing or errooneous pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2004-05-24 16:28:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I had my Solaris 8 machine upgraded with latest
patches. No change. Still does not like
255.255.255.255. Using the alternate format of
IP-address/32 does fix the problem, though so glad to
have a workaround. Still it would be nice to know why
this happens on some systems and not on others.

Does anybody know of any system config parameters
that would affect this? Enironment variables? Config
files in /etc?

Very strange.

Thanks,

Bill