Re: ODBC Driver Options

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Nicola Tiling <nti(at)w4w(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver Options
Date: 2004-05-17 19:09:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/genpage.php?doc-config

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php

> > and http://techdocs.postgresql.org. The document

"ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/psqlodbc_confighelp.html"

> > doesn't exist anymore.
> >
> > I would be lucky to know what
> >
> > - Use Declare/Fetch
> > - Parse Statements
> > - Cancel as FreeStmt(Exp)
> > - Row Versioning
> > - Disallow Premature
> > - Server side prepare
> >
> > mean and what are the effects of them?

Since you are using MS Access, you will probably avoid
some problems by setting "row versioning" to true.
Also, some people have reported big performance gains
from setting "use declare/fetch" to true, so you may
want to test that. I am not aware that any of those
other options will give you any benefit with other
than default values.