Re: Exceptions when 0 rows affected.

From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exceptions when 0 rows affected.
Date: 2004-05-13 14:49:36
Lists: pgsql-sql
Andrei Bintintan mentioned :
=> Your problem depends on what interface/programming language you're using.

Yep, I tried to do it using rules or triggers, but I can't get it to do what I want
exactly, and it's not a good idea to put any rules or triggers on my database.

I'm sticking to psql though, and managed to create the query with a nested
nullif and coalesce to make my query fail if there are 0 rows matching for
an update or delete.

Cheers
Stef

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Edmund BaconDate: 2004-05-13 15:27:59