Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "PostgreSQL WWW" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites
Date: 2004-05-13 20:06:29
Lists: pgsql-www
Guys,

> Well just to chuck in my tuppence worth - I agree; regional sites are
> not user groups. 'User group' implies some sort of organised group of
> users. A website is no more a user group than Robert's dead horse. Of
> course, the group might have their own site (as might the horse), but
> that not what makes them a PUG.

OK, how about an easy compromise,then?

Users' Groups
	San Francisco
	Portland
	Tunesia

-------------------------------------

Regional/Language Groups
	French
	Brazillian Portuguese
	Spanish

I *would* like to have links to the language groups on that main PUG page,
simply to help folks in say, Paris, to build as Users's group (e.g. "Huh?  No
Paris PUG?  Let me e-mail Jean-Paul and see how many users are in Paris
....")

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions