Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites
Date: 2004-05-12 18:50:48
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Rod Taylor wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 14:41, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > Agreed ... but, that does call into question what happens if a group in
> > French *does* start a "phyiscal get together" user group, and isn't
> > assocated with the 'web prescense only' one? Does one over-ride the
> > other?
>
> What would you do if 3 different French cities started independent
> groups?

Valid question ... but, IMHO, if we are going to define (and I'm not
saying that we need to) a UG, the one thing that should be defined is
"region of coverage" ... having one UG say that its "for France" is, IMHO,
way way too broad. Never having been there myself, but even if based
centrally in Paris (semi-central to the country, no?), I can imagine it
the country is larger then a 1hr driving radius from there, no?

I think it would be redundant to have two in, say, San Francisco, but not
to have one in SF and one in Berkeley, for instance ...

----