Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL Users' Group sites
Date: 2004-05-12 20:34:54
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc,

> Valid question ... but, IMHO, if we are going to define (and I'm not
> saying that we need to) a UG, the one thing that should be defined is
> "region of coverage" ... having one UG say that its "for France" is, IMHO,
> way way too broad. Never having been there myself, but even if based
> centrally in Paris (semi-central to the country, no?), I can imagine it
> the country is larger then a 1hr driving radius from there, no?

I think this is way too micro-managed. Who has time for this stuff? Let the
users' groups declare themselves however they want.

I would *love* to have the problem of so many users' groups that they overlap.
May I point out that we currently have 3, and two have yet to have a meeting?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions