latin1 enconding in views!?

From: Pedro Quaresma de Almeida <phfqa(at)netcabo(dot)pt>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: latin1 enconding in views!?
Date: 2004-05-10 19:06:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am building a small database (one table only) using the Latin1 encoding
(Portuguese), but then, when I try to build a view to query my database I am
not allowed to use latin1 symbols (e.g. á that is a'). Is
it a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I can write portuguese symbols freely when I am building tables, but when I
try to query the database I cannot write the portuguese characteres!?

Thank you for reading (and answering :)

--
Pedro Henrique e Figueiredo Quaresma de Almeida