Re: where can i find documentation of odbc api

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: saurabh agarwal <saurabhagarwal(at)post(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: where can i find documentation of odbc api
Date: 2004-05-07 21:27:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'd love to help, but need a few more bits of information...

Are you wanting to improve the ODBC component, or are you wanting to access
back-end data stored in a PostgreSQL database from your application?

If its the former, I can't help you there... Coding at that level is magical to
me.

If it is the latter, it depends on your development environment. For a
Microsoft environment you can use ADO, which uses ODBC transparently to access
back-end data. For a Perl Environment you can use DBI, which can access
PostgreSQL natively, or through ODBC. Delphi has native access and ODBC access.
The list goes on and on...

HTH,

CG