Re: windows-1250 encoding

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Martin Zdila <zdila(at)antik(dot)sk>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows-1250 encoding
Date: 2004-05-03 20:51:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Martin Zdila wrote:
> How can one set character encoding in the database to windows-1250?

Evidently you cannot.

> I just need to order selected rows by some column witch windows-1250
> encoded text.

If you have windows-1250 data on the client side, then declare your
client encoding, create your database with a supported encoding, and
the conversion will be done for you.

If you really have windows-1250 data already in your database, then, uh,
how did you do that, considering that that encoding is not supported
for databases?