Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date: 2004-04-29 18:32:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > >Right now, the feature freeze is tentative for 1st of June, which has been
> > >thrown around a few times already ...
> > >

> > If it has I've missed it - always seemed somewhat vaguer to me.
>
> Yes, it was vague.  The question is now that we are a month away, do we
> want to target June 1, mid-June, or July 1.

Target June 1st ... when May 29th or so rolls around, we can then
determine whether or not we need to extend it, and why.  We've gone down
this road too many times, where we've extended cause a patch was "right
around the corner" that finally came in a month later ...

The point of a deadline is that you don't make it floating ... if the
deadline arrives, and someone can justify extending it a few days to a
week, then so be it ...

 ----