Re: [HACKERS] What can we learn from MySQL?

From: Tim Conrad <tim(at)timconrad(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What can we learn from MySQL?
Date: 2004-04-27 16:57:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> > Not entirely true. I've read enough on the lists to see Bruce or
> > others saying 'x feature isn't expected until version y.z'. Heck, to
> > me, something that says 'we're hoping for feature x in version y.z',
> > but it's not an exact science. See the MySQL releases as an example
> > :)
>
> Ah, then in that case, look at the TODO list, pull out all items that have
> a name beside them, and for those, they aren't expected until the next
> version .. :)

But the list is loooonng...and my brain is weeeaaaakkk. :)

Seriously, though. I was looking through the list yesterday trying
to figure out something, and it was kind of hard to do.But, more to
my point, this stuff is in the MySQL manual, making it easy to find.
(Yes. I know what MySQL includes kind of blows, but, it's better
than nothing)

Tim