Remove traces of xfunc

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Remove traces of xfunc
Date: 2004-04-24 21:58:47
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hackers,

While playing with the init code I noticed traces of Hellerstein's
"expensive function optimization". It is completely disabled, uses
functions nowhere to be defined, and is out of date. So I removed it.
Here is the patch. Note that it takes out the "pruneable" field from
struct RelOptInfo, since it's not used.

Tom Lane has said a couple of times that he thinks this maybe can be
resurrected; but even if it is, most likely it won't use this code
(what code? These are only hooks.)

(To the patcher: the file src/backend/lib/lispsort.c can also be removed
after this change)

"Hoy es el primer día del resto de mi vida"

Attachment Content-Type Size
xfunc.patch text/plain 7.7 KB