Re: Press Release Party

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Press Release Party
Date: 2004-04-24 12:10:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Friday 23 April 2004 18:15, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> > Whats the difference between a press release and a reporter calling
> > up Bruce for an interview?
>
> When Bruce does an interview it says "interview with Bruce Momjian" and
> not "interview with the PostgreSQL project". Moreover, when a press
> release is issued it states the intentions of a party in a very formal
> and official way. In an interview it's relatively clear that the
> person only offers his own opinions.

You mean the interviews where they say they are talking to "Bruce Momjian of
the PostgreSQL project" and he says things like "we hope to have X feature in
the next release" or "we have seen a number of new users in Y country". If
you don't think people read those interviews and see the intentions of our
project then I think you're fooling yourself.

Robert Treat