Re: win32 binaries

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32 binaries
Date: 2004-04-23 13:45:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
--- Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
wrote:
> Dear hackers,
>
> My personal feeling is that the win32 port has
> turned a corner; in most
> respects it is usable and stable.  Do you think
> there is any merit to
> the idea of putting a binary release of the cvs
> compile on the win32

I like the idea of improving accessibility, especially
for testing purposes.  Windows users, and admins too,
are accustomed to binary installs.

But I would be prepared to put money on the
probability of someone putting a snapshot binary into
production somewhere.  I suggest that the download
page have prominently displayed severe warnings about
the advisability of using unstable versions for
production.

> status page (just a zip of local/pgsql, with
> instructions to add
> appropriate folders to the path, run
> intdb/postmaster).
>
> Regards,