Re: Press Release Party

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Press Release Party
Date: 2004-04-22 22:32:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Peter,

> I think the PostgreSQL project should be informed -- that means in
> public -- about the general contents before a press release is made in
> its name. Otherwise you're claiming something in the name of everybody
> that no one has ever heard of before, which seems kind of bogus.

No can do. A press release only "works" if it has impact, which means, among
other things, keeping the contents relatively under wraps until it's
officially launched. So if you want to give feedback, pitch in -- this is
your official opportunity.

Not everybody is involved in every patch that gets added to the code; not
everyone will be involved in every press release.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions