Linux User Expo - Requests for Assistance URGENT

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Linux User Expo - Requests for Assistance URGENT
Date: 2004-04-22 08:45:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

OK people, I promised people I'd find out answers to their questions. Please
put your name next to it if you're going to take responsibility for it.
Emails obfuscated to reduce spam problems.

jay at foardrs dot co dot uk
Wanted to know more about the use of Java's JDO with PG. i know it stands for
Java Data Objects but that is all.

Javed Dalwai: jkhan at ccc dot gr
Works for an Athens-based company iirc, wants to know about JBoss with PG -
any accounts of usage/guides etc.
Would also like URLs for info on tsearch2 and pgadmin - quick googling will
get you the information he needs there.

Roland Whitehead: rolandw at mac dot com
Would like a howto on Tomcat+PG. Don't know if there is one, but if we can
give him a hand he might be persuaded to write one.

Frederic Renard: frenard at arkeia dot com
Marketing and Alliance Director - French fellow who sought us out.
Was interested in how to add PG to the list of databases they can hot-backup
with their software. I said PITR was underway and they probably needed to get
involved. This seems to have gone beyond the consideration stage - it looks
like they are going to add PG to their list, so we need to give it
appropriate priority. Suggested joint press releases, possible combined
marketing materials and he seemed open to the idea, so bear that in mind.
This is one for someone from core to setup I'd say (Josh?), although it
probably boils down to whoever is working on PITR talking to their technical
people.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd