Re: BLIBPQ.LIB, BLIBPQDLL.LIB or LIBPQ 7.4 problem

From: L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: bcsaba(at)balmazujvaros(dot)hu
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BLIBPQ.LIB, BLIBPQDLL.LIB or LIBPQ 7.4 problem
Date: 2004-04-21 22:39:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
bcsaba(at)balmazujvaros(dot)hu wrote:

> I'am new on this list and i think i found a bug in the libpq libraries compiled
> with a Borland compiler (tested with 7.4,7.4.1,7.4.2). I compiled the libpq
> library with bcb 5 standard and it worked fine until i wanted to create a table
> with a primary key.
>
> for example executing the following Query:
>
> this works fine:
> create table a (b int );
>
> this:
>
> create table a (b int primary key );
>
> causes
>
> Access Violation at address xxxxxxxxxxx in module 'CC3250MT.DLL'. Read of
> address F87E0200..
>
> I did not know is this is the case with VC compiled libpq.dll (I do not have
> Visual C), but with a VC compiled 7.3.4 the code works fine.
>
> Sorry, if i've reported a known problem, but i searched the archive before sent
> this.
>
> P.S.: Anyone who could send me a working VC compiled LIBPQ (7.4.2) library, or
> fixed BLIBPQ.LIB please do so.

I think you might have hit the same problem I did when building
blibpq.dll for http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgtclng/

Mine would crash whenever a notification message was received (like primary
key create). The crash is in fprintf(stderr, ...), and the explanation I
got was that the I/O runtime wasn't initialized properly inside the Borland
DLL. But then, I was linking my BLIBPQ DLL with a MSVC-compiled program
(ActiveTcl), so maybe your case is different. The fix was easy: link with
Borland's "static" version of the runtime "cp32mt.lib" instead of
"cp32mti.lib".  But again: that was because I was using the BCC-compiled
DLL with a MSVC-compiled program. Your case may be different, and your
library name is different (CC3250MT), but look for a static runtime instead
of an import library runtime and try linking with that.