Re: [HACKERS] Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Why is libpgtcl still in CVS?
Date: 2004-04-20 01:14:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> L J Bayuk wrote:

> > > I am still waiting for an answer on this. Does no one know?
> >
> > I replied right away - to you and the lists you posted to.
> > Never got it? It's in the archive:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-interfaces/2004-04/msg00020.php
>
> Yes, I saw that. The issue is that the CVS history needs to be moved
> over into one of the gborg TCL project histories.
>
> Marc?
>
> > > My question is whether they have all the CVS history and fixes in
> > > libpgtcl so we can remove it from CVS.
> >
> > I believe I have all the fixes, and I know I have none of the histories, in
> > pgtcl-ng. I think both statements are also true about the Gborg pgtcl project.
>
> Yea, we need to do that before removing from CVS.

OK, Marc has removed libpgtcl. I just removed the docs for them.

Can someone comment on pgtclsh? The README says:

pgtclsh is an example of a tclsh extended with the new Tcl
commands provided by the libpgtcl library. By using pgtclsh, one can
write front-end applications to PostgreSQL in Tcl without having to
deal with any libpq programming at all.

The pgtclsh is an enhanced version of tclsh. Similarly, pgtksh is a
wish replacement with PostgreSQL bindings.

For details of the libpgtcl interface, please see the Programmer's
Guide.

Do we need to move that over to gborg? If so, you can pull it out of
7.4 CVS.

Anyone?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us