Re: Basic subtransaction facility

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Basic subtransaction facility
Date: 2004-04-19 15:13:35
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:29:05AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> writes:
> > If you want.  When not #defined, the behavior is the same as the current
> > code, so it shouldn't affect anything.  However I posted mainly so
> > people could comment on the modifications, and maybe Heikki Linnakangas
> > could see how it affects his two phase commit patch.
>
> I have not reviewed it yet, but would like to do so before it goes in.

I noticed that I sent an old version because of a system crash (the
*one* time I don't review vi -r differences it bites me ... argh).  It
has several obvious mistakes.  Please do not waste your time reviewing
that; I'll submit a corrected version later, which will also contain
some more changes.

Thanks.

"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.
Show the program how to find and fix a bug, and the program
will work forever" (Oliver Silfridge)