SQL script

From: vickr1z(at)operamail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL script
Date: 2004-04-15 08:22:06
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

good day toall..
imm running postgreSQL on linux.
my main goal is to create a script that will dump a data from our server too my local PC. the content of the script would be execute sql command in one shot:
1. dump data
2. update and insert some rows to selected table.

how can i accommplish this task and also how can i run this script? is there any one ccan help me. any idea will appreciate very much.

thanks.