Re: New News Entry

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New News Entry
Date: 2004-04-14 17:51:38
Lists: pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>
> > If it's a substantial contribution, which some would argue that Nested
> > Transactions alone is, and it's not vapor-ware, whats the problem with
> > that?
>
> the fact that it *is* vapor-ware right now is the problem ... the code
> hasn't been written, its been contracted out to *be* written ... sometime
> in the future ...

Gavin Sherry it doing tablespaces, Dave Cramer the java items, and
Alvaro the nested transactions.  All coding started 1-3 months ago.  I
am committed to paying them, and Fujitsu will pay me through SRA.

The point is that Fujitsu is funding development of features.  The
features themselves aren't important, and can be removed from the news
item if desired.