New News Entry

From: www(at)www(dot)postgresql(dot)com (World Wide Web Owner)
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New News Entry
Date: 2004-04-14 16:48:32
Lists: pgsql-www

A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?179

Submitted by: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Headline: Fujitsu Funds PostgreSQL Features
Fujitsu is funding various PostgreSQL enhancements that will appear in future PostgreSQL releases.

Story:

Fujitsu is funding various PostgreSQL enhancements that will appear in future PostgreSQL releases.

They have contracted with existing community developers who were already working on these complex features. With Fujitsu\'s funding, these developers can more easily devote the large amount of time required to complete these complex enhancements.

These features include:

o tablespaces
o improved JDBC standards compliance
o server-side java (PL/J)
o nested transactions

If your company wants to do similar funding, please contact me or one of the other core developers. We can help you identify competent developers and arrange appropriate funding.