Re: (Fwd) Problems with my code under linux ??

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Lothar Behrens" <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Problems with my code under linux ??
Date: 2004-04-13 08:27:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Monday 12 April 2004 20:48, Lothar Behrens wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 April 2004 19:58, Lothar Behrens wrote:

> > 2. You are updating something (you don't say what)
> I am updating a char column. It does not that, what is intended.
> >    You are having a problem (you don't say what)
> It simply writes an empty char into the database - not my sample text.

Very strange.

> > 3. You are using SuSe
> >    You have the latest version of something (you don't say what) from
> >    their
> > website
> I mean your source code. I have downloaded it from Gborg web site.
> I can compile it and install, but it doesn't work properly.

Do you mean the psql-odbc project:
I wasn't aware it was intended for anything other than Windows. What ODBC
manager are you using under SuSe?

> I have figured out, that if I set the windows ODBC configuration
> to debug all things, then it works properly.

Is the problem with a client on Windows/SuSe or both?

> After that, I tried to do the same under linux. No success.
> I think, I have a very stange problem in my memory handling or
> something like alignment. The code itself works - as I have seen.
> Do you have an ODBC test application that runs under linux and
> windows ?

Your best bet is to turn on logging at the client (odbc) end, and statement
logging at the PostgreSQL end. That usually helps me identify where my
problem is.

  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd