adopendynamic

From: "R V Sreedharan" <rvs(at)vbizap(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: adopendynamic
Date: 2004-04-09 05:16:30
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,
       We are developing visual basic application with postgres as back
end.When we open ADODB recordset for particular recorset by using cursor
type as adopendynamic and lock type as adLockBatchOptimistic it takes 15
seconds to execute query,where as the same query when run in postgres
server it takes 3 sec to execute.However when i open the recordset using
cursor  type as adopenforwardonly it executes the query within the
fraction of second in same application with postgres as back end.Since
this recordset is used for saving the records i need to use cursor type
as adopendynamic.Table has 40000 records in the postgres dtabase.
How to minimise the record fetching time while using recordset as
adopendynamic with postgres as backend.
Please help me to overcome this problem.

Regards,
RVS.

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.

visit us at www.vbizap.com

pgsql-novice by date