session_is_started()

From: Joolz <joolz(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: list-postgresql-php <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: session_is_started()
Date: 2004-04-08 13:40:31
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello,

I'm makeing a PHP frontend to a postgresql db, and want to use
sessions in order to sore global variables. I read that it's enough to
put session_start() in the top file of the app, but that doesn't work,
when I go two or three PHP files "deep", the session is forgotten.

To workaround this, I tried putting session_start() at the begonning
of every PHP file that does something with session variables. This
however gives me lot of these errors: "Notice: A session had already
been started - ignoring session_start() in [scriptname] on line 5"

I would like something like

if (!session_is_started()) { // note: this function doesn't exist
session_start();
}

How have you solved this problem? Thanks for any tips!

--
15:36-15:40
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) Linux 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl