Re: Out of space

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Tom Bakken" <tom(dot)bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Out of space
Date: 2004-04-07 17:19:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Bakken wrote:
> I've been running a postgres for 2 or 3 years without a problem.
> This morning my disk space for the database filled up. I need to
> know what transaction/log files I can truncate or delete without
> compromising the system. These files are located under
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/

The answer is normally "none" unless you have experienced crashes or
other problems that might have left stale files lying around. But you
say have had no problem ...

If you have any suspicion in that direction, please show us the exact
files you're thinking about. A note about which PG version you are
running would also help.