Re: triggers

From: Paul Thomas <paul(at)tmsl(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-jdbc (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: triggers
Date: 2004-04-06 16:40:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On 06/04/2004 15:52 Freddy Villalba Arias wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>

> I'm a newbie to PostgreSQL. I've read that it supports triggers. Are
> those triggers similar to / compatible with Oracle triggers (i.e. does
> an Oracle trigger's code works on PostgreSQL? What are the differences /
> similarities?
>

> I'm about to read the online help on this matter. That might answer some
> of my doubts. Anyway, any insight you can provide will be appreciated.

Reading the docs is a good place to start. If you still have problems,
posting to a more appropriate list would be appreciated as explaining the
ins and outs of triggers is not what this list is for. (pgsql-novice might
be your best bet)

regards

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |