Re: odbc and mac os x

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Ray Aspeitia <aspeitia(at)sells(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc and mac os x
Date: 2004-04-05 14:07:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Thanks... here is what I get..

I downloaded the 7.2.5 via ftp. uncompressed and did
your ./configure --enable-pthreads --with-iodbc

cutting and pasting to be sure I got it correct. the
make fails with this error:

gcc -r -keep_private_externs -nostdlib -o
.libs/psqlodbc.so-master.o  info.lo bind.lo
columninfo.lo connection.lo convert.lo drvconn.lo
environ.lo execute.lo lobj.lo win_md5.lo misc.lo
options.lo pgtypes.lo psqlodbc.lo qresult.lo
results.lo socket.lo parse.lo statement.lo tuple.lo
tuplelist.lo dlg_specific.lo odbcapi.lo multibyte.lo
gpps.lo && gcc -bundle  -o .libs/psqlodbc.so
.libs/psqlodbc.so-master.o  -L/usr/local/lib
-liodbcinst -lpthread -lc
ld: Undefined symbols:
_CFBundleCopyExecutableURL
_CFBundleCopyResourceURL
_CFBundleGetBundleWithIdentifier
_CFRelease
_CFStringGetCString
_CFURLCopyFileSystemPath
___CFStringMakeConstantString
make[1]: *** [psqlodbc.la] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This looks like CoreFoundation stuff. I get this error
from any of the 4 OS X boxes that I work with. What I
don't know is whether there is a difference in your
environment settings that is linking to the CF
foundation.

Thanks for the info on creating the odbc.ini files...

Ted