No error-checking on binary timestamp

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: No error-checking on binary timestamp
Date: 2004-04-02 20:16:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Greetings,

  Based on some experimentation and reading through the code in:
  src/backend/utils/adl/timestamp.c ; it would appear that there's no
  error-checking when receiving a binary timestamp.  I wouldn't care if
  I had figured out the binary timestamp format on the first shot but
  apparently I didn't and this happened:

  atl=> select * from a5_lan;
  ERROR:  timestamp out of range

  No errors during the insert, but when I tried to select out of the
  table I inserted the data into that's what I got.  Pretty ugly.
  Please fix. :)

  I wouldn't mind some pointers on the proper way to convert from unix
  time to timestamp binary format either, btw.  I was attempting to do
  basically the same thing 'AbsoluteTimeUsecToTimestampTz', but
  apparently that's not right. :)

  	Stephen

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: PostgreSQL Bugs ListDate: 2004-04-02 20:18:28