Bulk updates/inserts

From: Shelby Cain <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bulk updates/inserts
Date: 2004-04-02 16:42:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Is it currently possible to perform bulk
updates/inserts via host arrays using ecpg?  If so,
would someone mind showing me an example of the proper
syntax as I can't seem to come up with something that
the ecpg preprocessor likes.

On a side note, if ecpg doesn't support bulk
inserts/updates are there any plans for adding such
support?  Is there anyway programmatically to get
close to the same speed for inserts/updates as say the
COPY command?

Regards,

Shelby Cain