Re: Build failure

From: Cyrille Chepelov <cyrille(at)chepelov(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build failure
Date: 2004-04-02 09:20:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Le Fri, Apr 02, 2004, à 09:55:33AM +0200, Magnus Hagander a écrit:
> Hi!
>
> The line:
> ../../src/include/c.h:80:26: pg_config_os.h: No such file or directory
>
> looks like your configure failed. It should include pg_config_os.h -
> configure will symlink (which on mingw means copy, more or less)
> port/win32.h. You could manually copy port/win32.h to pg_config_os.h,

OK, this was the thing I didn't figure out

> Did configure give you any errors or warnings?

Nothing that caused me to worry, but maybe I wasn't paying attention enough.
I'm downloading the 01APR04 snapshot and running configure again to see
what's going on.

Done. I'm attaching here the configure.log, which appears healthy. I then
typed make, and was greeted by the output from make.log.

I then checked all the links that configure claimed it built. For some,
there were indeed files there, but the following files were still missing:
src/Makefile.port
src/include/dynloader.h
src/port/dynloader.c
src/port/tas.s
I created the files manually (using ln -s, by first changing into the
links's subdirectory and fishing the source by relative path), and issued
"make". It now builds clean!

Thanks for the advice.

-- Cyrille

--

Attachment Content-Type Size
configure.log.gz application/octet-stream 2.3 KB