PostgreSQL 7.4.2 libpq problem

From: Mikhail Ts <ts_mike(at)yahoo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.4.2 libpq problem
Date: 2004-04-02 06:26:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
I'm experiencing strange problem - when Exim 4.31 MTA makes a call to
PostgreSQL DB I get following in gdb: "Program received signal SIGINT,
Interrupt." Execution goes somewhere without trace in any log. I asked
on Exim lists without much luck. One of the reasons - this Exim
installation works just fine against MySQL DB. Another - Exim works
fine with PostgreSQL as well when Exim is run in debug mode. It only
crashes when it is run as standalone daemon. PostgreSQL log shows
normal queries without errors. I also have Courier IMAP server working
with the same PostgreSQL DB without problems. I compared source and
couldn't see significant difference in implementation. In both cases
libpq linked as shared library. I've found that Exim crashes at the
PQexec call with PGconn being checked by PQstatus line before. If I
comment PQexec call out - everything goes fine except DB data of
course. Questions:
1. How to get information on what exactly crashes?
2. Any idea how the place where function is called can either crash it
or continue normally?

I rebuilt/cleaned both programs more then once with the same result.
Find doesn't find libpq in any other place except pgsql directory. OS -
Debian Linux 2.2.20.

Mikhail.