Re: Troubleshoot "unexpected EOF on client connection"

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Troubleshoot "unexpected EOF on client connection"
Date: 2004-04-01 20:18:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Thursday 01 April 2004 20:10, Chris Gamache wrote:
> PgODBC's logfiles don't have a time index, and you also can't change the
> output location of the files unless you recompile the driver (unless you
> know something that I don't). My C drive is strictly OS, and there's not
> much breathing room there. I can't get PgODBC to build under
> VisualStudio.NET, so a recompile to include timestamp and variable logfile
> location is out of my ability. I don't know why, but I can not get a trace
> from the ODBC control panel either. Can you help?

Well - you could turn up the logging on the PG end, but that's not going to
help you if the client is crashing (unless it's always after a particular
query).

If you can't log at the client, I don't think there's much you can do to
diagnose this. I'd be tempted to move some stuff out of C: and make space for
the logs, just while you're looking at this.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd