Re: Aberdeen Study on OS RDBMS: exceprts and breakdown.

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Aberdeen Study on OS RDBMS: exceprts and breakdown.
Date: 2004-04-01 08:41:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 01 April 2004 04:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > These guys obviously didn't do much work in generating the report. We
> > have never hard two years between a release, in fact never more than
> > one.
>
> You know, these distortions make me mad, but after seven years, I should
> be used to it. We continue to grow despite these distortions, and I
> suppose one day we will be big enough that these will not sway people.

These reports influence some of the people some of the time, but not all the
people all of the time. Of course, the degree of influence seldom has
anything to do with the quality of the report.

I'm a little puzzled that the authors didn't seem to contact anyone on the
lists (or check the manuals in some cases). It's the sort of thing we're
supposed to catch and field with -advocacy too.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd