Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??

From: Shelby Cain <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy <shan(at)ceedees(dot)com>,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can we have time based triggers in Postgresql??
Date: 2004-03-30 14:43:39
Lists: pgsql-general
--- Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy <shan(at)ceedees(dot)com>
wrote:
> Dear Group,
>                       I would like to know if can
> have a time based
> trigger, for example a procedure that could be run
> everyday at say 10 in
> the night.  Thanking you,
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Shan.

I'm not aware of any such facility in Postgres
(although I'm a relative newcomer).  However, you can
easily run sql scripts using the psql commandline
tool.  Combined with the cron daemon under *nix (or
the task scheduler in Windows) you should be able to
easily execute these scripts any time you want.

Regards,

Shelby Cain