Re: [GENERAL] PG vs MySQL (fwd)

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PG vs MySQL (fwd)
Date: 2004-03-29 10:27:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

He brings up two good points here ... first one being, where exactly, in
the docs, do we mention getting the OID in either pg_database, or
pg_class, to determine a directory, or file name? I just checked the
pg_database catalog page, and it doesn't ...

Second point, of course being ... how do you find a database if the server
isn't running? Could we maybe have a file in each directory similar to
PG_VERSION calld PG_DATABASE that just contains the name of the database,
that you could grep through for the database?

----