BUG #1119: DatabaseMetaData.getTables() returns not a lot

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1119: DatabaseMetaData.getTables() returns not a lot
Date: 2004-03-28 18:44:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1119
Logged by:          Andy Jefferson

Email address:      lists(at)ajsoft(dot)net

PostgreSQL version: 7.3.2

Operating system:   Linux

Details:

Hi,

Firstly I'm using the following on Linux
postgresql-server-7.3.2-5.1.91mdk
postgresql-7.3.2-5.1.91mdk
postgresql-jdbc-7.3.2-5.1.91mdk
postgresql-docs-7.3.2-5.1.91mdk

I connect with JDBC to jdbc:postgresql:jpox
i.e to a database "jpox" on my local machine. Connects fine.

If I call DatabaseMetaData.getTables(null,null,"my_table",null); I get a
ResultSet with nothing in it (rs.getNext() == false)

The table certainly exists in this DB !!

If I do DatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs(); I get
jpox
template0
template1

and if I do DatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(); I get
pg_catalog
public

So why does getTables() return nothing ? I've tried putting "%" at front and
end of the "my_table". No effect. I've seen mention of a bug back in v 7.2
for JDBC. Is this also in 7.3 ? If so, is there a workaround ?

I tried to use your mailing lists to report this and see if anyone else has
seen the same ... but after registering and trying posting with 3 different
email addresses and nothing ever appearing I decided to report here.

I really should submit a bug report about your mailing lists as well since
they basically either dont allow people to register, or dont allow them to
send messages.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2004-03-28 19:14:44