Re: win32 users list (Re: Native Win32 port - PLEASE!)

From: Frank Finner <postgresql(at)finner(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32 users list (Re: Native Win32 port - PLEASE!)
Date: 2004-03-28 15:55:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:08:11 +0700 David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com> sat down, thought
long and then wrote:

> I for one vote for win32 users having their own list as soon as
> possible. I predict three things:
>
> 1) there will be *lots* of them coming to -general (instead of to -novice);
> 2) there will be a surge of novice-oriented and MySQL-related posts in
> -general;
> 3) the other members of the -general list will get annoyed enough that
> eventually a win32-users list is set up.
>
> So why go through the pain of #1 and #2 when we can go directly to #3 :-)
>
> Btw, here's a nice read as well as a reminder of things to come:
> http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=26787
>
> --
> dave

How about simply automatically discarding any posts with the character sequence M,Y,S,Q,L? :-)

I am really tired of another comparison between MySQL and PostgreSQL every day! If we need that,
let´s go and create a list "database comparisons" (or, if point 2 is true, let´s call it
"win32-users").

Regards, Frank.