Re: Passing a row

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Passing a row
Date: 2004-03-26 21:46:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for your response. I looked the posts you reference, but, to be quite
frank, I didn't understand. I am confused regarding the sample code in the
documentation I am looking at. Here it is:

CREATE FUNCTION use_many_fields(tablename) RETURNS TEXT AS '
DECLARE
in_t ALIAS FOR $1;
BEGIN
RETURN in_t.f1 || in_t.f3 || in_t.f5 || in_t.f7;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

If this code is workable code, I would love to see an example of the code that
would call such a function so I can determine how to pass the parameter. I
think I did a poor job of expressing my ignorance ;o)

Thanks...

On Friday 26 March 2004 10:59 am, Tom Lane saith:

--
Quote: 53
"A soul can never attain the knowledge of God unless God Himself in His

--The Philokalia

Work: 1-336-372-6812
Cell: 1-336-363-4719
email: terry(at)esc1(dot)com