Re: Question for postgreSQL

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: Miljan Jeremić <miljan(at)micro(dot)co(dot)yu>,pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question for postgreSQL
Date: 2004-03-25 08:33:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wednesday 24 March 2004 15:27, Miljan Jeremić wrote:
> Dear Sir's,
> I have one problem with type trigger in example:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION emp_stamp() RETURNS trigger AS '
> How to create type triger for this function?
> How create type for function that returned primary key, in pd AdminII
> function is check_primary_key().

	You don't need to create any type for trigger procedures. From inside of
trigger procedure You can acces two rows(tuples): NEW and OLD, and Your
trigger function must RETURN NEW if you want to allow data changes, or OLD if
You want to discard changes.
Also, this is more pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org kind of question...

 See: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/plpgsql-trigger.html

Regards !
(Pozdrav !)