From: "Vickriz Buenaventuura" <vickr1z(at)operamail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-03-19 02:54:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
good day too guru.
pgaccess has lot of dependencies, actually nnot so much :)
i already install tcl/tk in my system rh7.3 and the next step is the libpgtcl package [] which i found from postgresql installation source.
my directory:

and then i found this instraction at postgresql mailing list, tryingg to look for possible solution for other installation dependencies. but i really can understand what has to do with it. i need to post iit here so anybbody can help me..
Rather than applying that patch, it would probably be easier creating a
'Makefile.custom' file in the postgresql-6.3.2/src (which get included
by, and thus every Makefile in the tree). Set
LINUX_ELF=true in Makefile.custom, and you won't have to patch all of
the shared library makefiles. You can also specify CUSTOM_CC and
CUSTOM_COPT in Makefile.custom to specify your compiler and compile
flags, respectively.

As for and unresolved symbols, I run a Redhat 5.0 system
where the crypt() function lives in its own library (libcrypt) and not
libc. is linked to, which is statically linked.
crypt() is probably used by for passwords, etc, but since is *not* linked with libcrypt, you must link as
well into your app. The Tk shell, wish8.0, is *not* linked to Thus, when pgaccess.tcl loads the library, the
system can't resolve the calls to crypt(). One solution is to run
pgaccess.tcl with pgtksh, which *is* linked with Just
change the first line of pgaccess.tcl to #!/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pgtksh
(or where ever you installed postgresql). You could also link manually, adding the '-lcrypt' crypt option, which would let
you run pgaccess.tcl and any other postgresql tcl scripts with wish and

please help how to edit my Makefile.custom at /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/postgresql-7.3.2/src
the next thing was the libpgtcl.. where should i put it and or what should i make a link to it?
..and what really next thing to do.

all i want is to use pgacces[gui] to administer my postgres database..

any help wwill appreciate very much. tnx..

Web-based SMS services available at