libpgtcl.so?

From: "Vickriz Buenaventuura" <vickr1z(at)operamail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpgtcl.so?
Date: 2004-03-19 02:54:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

good day too guru.
pgaccess has lot of dependencies, actually nnot so much :)
i already install tcl/tk in my system rh7.3 and the next step is the libpgtcl package [libpgtcl.so] which i found from postgresql installation source.
my directory:
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/postgresql-7.3.2/src/interfaces/libpgtcl

and then i found this instraction at postgresql mailing list, tryingg to look for possible solution for other installation dependencies. but i really can understand what has to do with it. i need to post iit here so anybbody can help me..
--
Rather than applying that patch, it would probably be easier creating a
'Makefile.custom' file in the postgresql-6.3.2/src (which get included

As for libpgtcl.so and unresolved symbols, I run a Redhat 5.0 system
where the crypt() function lives in its own library (libcrypt) and not
libc. libpgtcl.so is linked to libpq.so, which is statically linked.
crypt() is probably used by libpq.so for passwords, etc, but since
libpq.so is *not* linked with libcrypt, you must link libcrypt.so as
well libpq.so into your app. The Tk shell, wish8.0, is *not* linked to
libcrypt.so. Thus, when pgaccess.tcl loads the libpgtcl.so library, the
system can't resolve the calls to crypt(). One solution is to run
pgaccess.tcl with pgtksh, which *is* linked with libcrypt.so. Just
change the first line of pgaccess.tcl to #!/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pgtksh
(or where ever you installed postgresql). You could also link
libpgtcl.so manually, adding the '-lcrypt' crypt option, which would let
you run pgaccess.tcl and any other postgresql tcl scripts with wish and
tclsh.

please help how to edit my Makefile.custom at /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/postgresql-7.3.2/src
the next thing was the libpgtcl.. where should i put it and or what should i make a link to it?
..and what really next thing to do.

all i want is to use pgacces[gui] to administer my postgres database..

any help wwill appreciate very much. tnx..

vic