Hosting for SFPUG

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Fred Moyer <fred(at)redhotpenguin(dot)com>
Subject: Hosting for SFPUG
Date: 2004-03-18 20:50:58
Lists: pgsql-www

Folks,

We'd like to put up a simple Movable Type page for the SF user's group.
(see http://sfpug.redhotpenguin.com/). Many thanks to Fred of Red Hot
Penguin.

The obvious place to host it would be sfpug.postgresql.org. However, I was
wondering if maybe we would want to set up a more cohesive naming structure
with the idea that more User Groups would eventually show up. For example,
wasn't there a Toronto Users' Group? Thoughts anyone?

Perlmongers seems to have gotten away with just doing city.permongers.org for
years now ... for example, sf.perlmongers.org.

Hmmm, and Fred, is it possible to set up multiple MT accounts on one virtual
host? This would give other UGs a leg up on getting started.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions