Re: Line length in pl/pgsql function

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen(at)stbernard(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Line length in pl/pgsql function
Date: 2004-03-17 09:27:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 00:47, David Olbersen wrote:

> Here's the "clean" code that doesn't work:
>
> FOR result IN
> SELECT
> initcap( c.name ) AS category,
> initcap( l.language ) AS language,
> count(*) AS howmany
[etc]

I don't suppose your actual code has any comments in it? I stumbled across an
obscure parser issue in plpgsql regarding comments/line-endings and I think
that was somewhere in 7.3.x

Might be worth a quick look in the -bugs list archives and see if anything
looks like your problem.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd