have a problem while retreiving data from postgre

From: "said(dot)sametli" <said(dot)sametli(at)cs(dot)com(dot)tr>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: have a problem while retreiving data from postgre
Date: 2004-03-16 17:47:58
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi to all,
I have posgre db 7.3, while i have executed
select count(*) from aurora.sync_synchronization_queue state on pgadmin
i got error,
error is

C:\cygwin>C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c /usr/bin/startdb.sh
grep: not found
grep: not found
postmaster successfully started
LOG: database system was shut down at 2004-03-16 15:48:45 GTBST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 1/430000D0
LOG: redo record is at 1/430000D0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction id: 5304535; next oid: 225989
LOG: database system is ready
PANIC: read of clog file 5, offset 8192 failed: No error
LOG: statement: SELECT count(*) AS rows FROM
aurora.sync_synchronization_queue
LOG: server process (pid 1988) was terminated by signal 6
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
WARNING: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
[...]
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphor
es
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2004-03-16 15:53:44 GTBST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 1/43000110
LOG: redo record is at 1/43000110; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction id: 5304535; next oid: 225989
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress

LOG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at 1/43000150
LOG: redo is not required
LOG: database system is ready

what is wrong with datafile, is it corrupted or not?, table structure is

CREATE TABLE AURORA.SYNC_SYNCHRONIZATION_QUEUE(
OID CHAR(16) PRIMARY KEY ,
STATUS CHAR(1) NOT NULL ,
LASTUPDATED CHAR(12) NOT NULL ,
SOURCE_INSTANCE_ID VARCHAR(20) ,
TARGET_INSTANCE_ID VARCHAR(20) ,
TRANSACTION_ID CHAR(16) ,
TRANSACTON_SCRIPT TEXT ,
TRANSACTION_DATE CHAR(8) ,
TRANSFERDATE CHAR(8) ,
TRANSFERED CHAR(1)
);

if datafile corrupted how can i recover this datafile, the main problem is
text field TRANSACTON_SCRIPT is growing rapid, because of transaction
number per hour, table size is (avout 120 MB size), and pls can you help
me how can i get rid of this prb?

thanks for advance.