Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Frank Wiles <frank(at)wiles(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org, pg(at)rbt(dot)ca, tswan(at)idigx(dot)com, xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: postgresql.net vs.
Date: 2004-03-13 03:33:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:02:00PM -0600, Frank Wiles wrote:

> As for the "length" of the URL, I think any developer or user
> of PostgreSQL is knowledgeable enough to take advantage of browser
> bookmarks. :)

I've heard this said a several times now, but that doesn't make me feel
any better. I frequently find myself in situations where I *must* get
to my project site from a memorized URL, and clicking through to it is
a luxury I can ill afford. I travel. Sometimes I'm dependent on slow
lines and/or other people's machines. For instance, whether I will be
able to respond promptly to new support requests and bug reports over the
entire month of May this year will depend partly on that ability.

Apart from that, we could do with some public attention and that's where
catchiness matters.

Jeroen