Re: pgFoundry

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry
Date: 2004-03-12 13:11:24
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
On Thursday 11 March 2004 18:19, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I thought I did speak up...
>
> Yes, but from your response you didn't really seem to care.

I wasn't going to force the issue just for my own sake... but ISTM Tom, Peter,
myself and possibly others were all confused somewhat by the switch.
Anyway... the only real point that I have about the whole thing is that
people used to complain that gborg was too nebulous a name (ie. whats a
gborg?) and people didnt know to look at it, or were confused as to what its
purpose was.  the idea of projects.postgresql.(org|net) seem like a real easy
way to make it crystal clear as to what exactly was going on at that site.
By making it pgfoundry.org, i guess it is clear as to its purpose as far as
project hosting, but it loses some of its ties to postgresql, to the point
where I think folks will wonder if this is an independent site or if it has
the backing of the greater postgresql community.  I tend to think that would
be a step back...

Robert Treat