Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project
Date: 2004-03-11 11:43:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Marc, Chris Ryan, Andrew D. and the Core *have* been in the loop on
> this.

It's curious that these decisions are now made behind closed doors
without the involvement of the people who will actually be using this
service.

There once was a time when core said "we don't do anything" and
development infrastructure was discussed on -hackers and web site
infrastructure was discussed in this list.

My perception is that this new service will be no better or worse than
the previous one, and the confusion of the users and the fragmentation
of the PostgreSQL project will continue on its path.