Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update on 'portal' changes
Date: 2004-03-10 23:11:19
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> - Part of the problem stemmed from lack of communication between Josh and
> the rest of us (which he has already explained). This was a simple
> oversight, the only part of which I was not aware of being the pgfoundry
> name. The project, and surrounding discussions I have followed as anyone
> could in -hackers.

It frankly didn't occur to us that anyone would have an opinion about the
name. Our goal was to get this up and running while everyone involved has
time available to work on it.

Stuff will drop out of the loop from time to time; I know that for my part
once I've discussed something with one mailing list plus five individuals I
tend to feel like I've covered everyone even if I haven't. Our community
is getting a little too big for everyone to know about everything.

The Bugtracker question has been shelved due to lack of consensus, BTW.
Quite probably by the time we deal with it again the GForge bugtracker will
be adequate for our requirements.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions