Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project
Date: 2004-03-10 16:43:44
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> Even for the mailing lists and all the subscribers?

Even so. Both GBorg and GForge use mailman, which makes moving stuff over a
snap. The projects who will have difficultly are those who use
pgsql-xxx(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing lists off the main Majordomo server (such as
ODBC), but then they had the same problem under GBorg.

>I assume also that
> users will have to coordinate with their projects to sort out fresh CVS
> checkouts at an appropriate time?

Nope. CVS should also be automatic. Advantage of our virtual machines ....
Right, Marc?

> If you're interested we can probably move the pgAdmin projects (there
> are 3) as test ones. Pgadmin has mailing list, faqs, screenshots,
> downloads, cvs and some lists but is basically shut down now and there
> purely for archive/reference purposes. Pgadmin2 and pgadmin3 are just
> placeholders with links to their websites only. All other options have
> been removed.

Then they wouldn't be much of a test, would they? <grin> Libpqxx has
already volunteered to be the "test bunny". Also we have a couple of new
projects pending which will given us a test run.

> If it's to be re-themed and integrated, perhaps it would be prudent to
> wait until the next stage of the portal project which will involve
> looking at it's design? That is the primary site that should look right,
> and as we've discussed a number of times in the past, one thing we need
> is a common look and feel across all the sites.

Sounds good to me.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions