Re: not necessarily a bug...

From: "Alex J(dot) Avriette" <alex(at)posixnap(dot)net>
To: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql -bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: not necessarily a bug...
Date: 2004-03-10 00:33:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 02:17:23PM -0800, Theodore Petrosky wrote:

> and to my suprise, i was in and able to issue
> commands. what is 'bothering' me is that I was not
> asked for a password. in defence of the system, I was
> on a mac os x box logged in as 'postgres' so my
> current name was postgres.
>
> is this correct behaviour? I was expecting to be
> challenged.

Documentation is your friend, Ted. You need to read the pg_hba.conf
file in your PG_DATA directory, and the documentation which came with
the postgres distribution. Additionally, this really isn't a question
for hackers(at)(dot)

Alex

--
alex(at)posixnap(dot)net
Alex J. Avriette, Unix Systems Gladiator